NASA has negotiated a number of member discounts with retailers and service providers that members can take advantage of. To take advantage of these discounts you need to sign up as a NASA member.
NASA has signed on to a new discount program for NASA members. Union Savings is Canada’s only not-for-profit, union-run, members’ benefit program, and NASA members can now register online to qualify for discounts on a range of retail, entertainment, wellness, insurance, financial, travel, and other services.
To get started, you just need to register online by selecting NASA from the dropdown and entering your contact information. You can also register by calling 1-800-418-2990.
CAPREIT is offering an exclusive discount of one-month of free rent at their three Edmonton locations to NASA members. Garneau Towers, Grandin Tower and Infiniti on 105 are either a short walk or commute to the University of Alberta.
For more information, visit the promotion page.
NASA Group Home and Auto Insurance Program
NASA members, their spouse, and dependent children are eligible for preferred group rates on home and auto insurance quotes through Marsh's Private Client Services.
For your NASA preferred quote, please call 1-888-992-9161 to speak with a licensed insurance broker at Marsh's Private Client Services.
Policy not renewing at this time? Let Marsh call you. You can submit your expiry dates online for a future quote on home or auto insurance.
For more information you can view the Marsh information sheet.
Endless Savings & More (ESM)
View and redeem savings from a variety of merchants available on your smart phone. Powered by Endless Savings & More (ESM), this program is available to NASA members and their families.
How it works:
- Install the NASA version of the ESM App on your smart phone
- GPS automatically shows merchants and savings that are closest to your current location or you can search by category
- Tap on a merchant to view offers & tap on an offer for redemption details
- You typically show the offer on your smart phone at payment in physical locations or enter a code for online purchases
To get started:
- On your smartphone, visit the the Apple or Google store and search for ESM or Endless Savings & More
- During registration you will be asked for an organization code, which for NASA members is: nasa
- Allow location services on the app (ESM uses locations services to automatically show you offers that are closest to your current location first)
- You can also check out the NASA “exclusive offers” and save hundreds of dollars per year on your smartphone and plan from Rogers or Telus. NASA exclusive offers always appear first when you tap the ESM app.
Factory Optical / Optiks International
Factory Optical Group of Companies is offering their Preferred Partner Program to NASA members and their immediate family members. The program gives all NASA members and dependents the option for any promotion, any time. Simply print the coupon to have the choice of any one of the following of the best six promotions at any of store locations across Western Canada:
- 40% off a single complete pair purchase
- 50% off lenses with or without a frame purchase (single pair offer)
- 50% off frames with the purchase of prescription lenses (single pair offer)
- 2 for 1 + 50% off lens coatings, lens treatments and lens upgrades
- 2 for 1 + one complete kids’ pair free
- 2 for 1 + free Polarization
You will also be offered corporate pricing on prescription safety eyewear if you require them.
Direct billing to Sunlife is available at all store locations.
NASA members can access free and discounted software, Apple products, mobile phone plans through TELUS, printing services, and many other discounts and deals through the IST Shop.
Faculty of Extension
Waived application fee
As a NASA member you can apply for annual funding toward learning opportunities and professional development through the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF). If you are looking for HRDF-eligible part-time study to either enhance your current work or to prepare for an expanded or different role, this offer is a bonus $100 value toward your study over and above your approved HRDF funding. The $100 program application fee waiver also applies if you choose to pursue any Extension programs outside of HRDF.
Students at the Faculty of Extension are eligible to receive a 10% discount for an Edmonton Transit System (ETS) adult pass. To receive your 10% discount, visit Edmonton Service Centre in Edmonton Tower (10111 104 Avenue) with your UAlberta OneCard and your Faculty of Extension fee schedule (printed or digital).
City of Edmonton Recreation Centres
University of Alberta employees, including NASA members, are eligible for discounted admission passes to City of Edmonton Recreation Centres when they present their OneCard, including:
- 20% discount off of annual passes
- 20% discount off of the Continuous Monthly Membership Program
- 15% discount off multi-admission passes (adult and family)
NASA members are eligible to receive $100 off registration at any of Kepler Academy Early Learning & Child Care in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove or St. Albert. This offer is valid on registrations made between September 1, 2021 and September 1, 2022.