Non Academic Staff Association at the University of Alberta - Job Posting
Openings: 1 Full-time Regular (35hrs weekly)
Location: #1200 8215 112st NW, Edmonton, Alberta.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: December 19th, 2019
Closing Date: January 17th, 2020
Hourly Rate: $24.80 - $31.80
Other Compensation: Medical benefits
Affiliation: CUPE Local 1158
The Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA) is the legally recognized bargaining agent for the support staff working on the University of Alberta campus. It negotiates the terms and conditions of employment for over 6,000 support staff employees - operating, trust, and casual employees. In addition, it provides its members with advice and assistance in many areas including: problem-solving with respect to rights under the collective agreement, health and safety issues, WCB difficulties, benefit needs - to name only a few.
The Administrative Assistant’s role is responsible to provide a wide range of qualified and proficient administrative/technical and clerical services to the Non Academic Staff Association on a daily basis. Being first point of contact; it requires tact and diplomacy while providing superior and professional customer service to all stakeholders. Overall responsibilities include general administration, event coordination, handling of all Union correspondence and documents, and will provide support when necessary to the Director of Operations, NASA President, and various committees including the Executive Board.
• 2 year completed diploma in Business Administration
• 3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an busy office environment
• Knowledge and experience in working within the Alberta Labour Movement
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a small team
• Accurate typing skills of 50wpm
• Advanced skills in Google Suite of products
• Sound knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office. Adobe Suite and other related products
• Excellent organizational, and communications skills, both written and oral
• Ability to manage deadlines and timelines in an organized and efficient fashion
Please forward résumé’s to email@example.com
|Administrative Assistant.docx||19.1 KB|
|20191219 Administrative Assistant Job Posting.docx||14.56 KB|